Monday 16 September 2013

GIROUD: I’M FIT FOR MARSEILLE CLASH


Arsenal have been handed some good news on the injury front ahead of their trip to Marseille on Wednesday.

Oliver Giroud was forced to leave the field during the closing stages of Arsenal’s 3-1 win over Sunderland, receiving treatment to his ankle after appearing to twist it as he tried to add a late fourth goal.

But the Frenchman said he would be available for Arsenal's UEFA Champions League opening against Marseille in a huge boost for an Arsenal side who have a long injury list, including the likes Santi Cazorla Lukas Podolski, Mikel Arteta and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

However, Giroud has now eased concerns over the injury after telling the Daily Mail “it is not bad actually, not as bad as I first feared. I got a kick earlier in the game but no-one was near me when I did it this time.

‘I tried to connect with the ball a little bit too early and I caught my foot in the grass. I twisted my ankle but fortunately, it is nothing major.

‘I am OK, sure I will be fine [for Marseille].’

Giroud is the only senior striker available to Arsene Wenger, so his absence would have been a huge blow to the north Londoners as they kick off their Champions League campaign in France on Wednesday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment