Wednesday 7 August 2013

LIVERPOOL OWNER INSISTS STAR WILL NOT BE SOLD DESPITE PLEA


Liverpool owner John W. Henry has told the club’s supporters that Luis Suarez will not be sold this summer, reports the Daily Mirror. 
The latest twist in the summer’s longest running transfer saga, saw the Uruguayan tell two British newspapers he wanted the Reds to honour a promise they made to him last season, which is that they would allow the forward to leave if the club failed to qualify for the Champions League.
“I gave absolutely everything last season, now all I want is for Liverpool to honour our agreement,” Suarez said.
“Last year I had the opportunity to move to a big European club and I stayed on the understanding that if we failed to qualify for the Champions League the following season I’d be allowed to go.


“I am 26, I need to be playing in the Champions League. I feel I have done enough to be playing in the Champions League at this stage of my career. Now there is an option for me to do that and I want very much to take it.
Reports yesterday suggested the situation may get heated, with Suarez apparently refusing to play for the club in any more pre-season friendlies.
The striker has pulled out of the squad for their pre-season trip to Scandinavia, with what the club insist is a foot injury.
Club owner John W. Henry has had his say on the matter once more. The American has already had a dig at Arsenal last month by tweeting: ‘What are they smoking at the Emirates?’ following their offer of £40million plus £1 for the forward.
“I don’t know why people ask us if we are selling the club or the best players, because we are not. We like to buy stuff, not to sell,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment