Wednesday 7 August 2013

THEO WALCOTT LOOKING FORWARD TO ‘ULTIMATE’ MAN CITY TEST




Theo Walcott believes Arsenal’s final pre-season friendly clash against Manchester City will be the “ultimate test” for the Gunners ahead of the new season.

Arsène Wenger’s men travel to Helsinski to play last season’s Premier League runners-up as the north Londoners conclude their preparations for the 2013-14 campaign.
And Walcott is looking forward to testing himself against Manuel Pellegrini’s side – as well as former team-mate Gael Clichy.
“I think that will be the ultimate test,” Walcott told Arsenal Player.
“Man City are very strong this season. They know what they want to do but we know how strong we are. It will be a chance for us all to experience the tempo of the Premier League and what it’s going to be like.
“It’s going to be a good test but everyone will be ready for it. I think the boss will maybe think of the team that he will start with [against Aston Villa].
“I’m looking forward to that game against my old man Clichy. I’ve always loved playing against him so I’ll give him a call before!”

No comments:

Post a Comment